- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
1. What data do we collect?
Guild of Guides Netherlands collects the following data:
- Personal identification information for subscriptions to the newsletter (Name, email address)
- Content of comment section in contact form related to your email address
- Personal identification information of members (name, email address, organization -if provided-, member status)
- Contributions to the member forum excl. those made anonymously
- Profile information provided by the member, including which profile information is shared with the public.
2. How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Guild of Guides Netherlands with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Input data into the member section of the website.
Guild of Guides Netherlands may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
3. How will we use your data?
Guild of Guides Netherlands collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order, manage your account.
- Email you with information we think you might like.
- Connect payment status and other membership related information.
If you agree, Guild of Guides Netherlands will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
When Guild of Guides Netherlands processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
4. How do we store your data?
Guild of Guides Netherlands securely stores your data at Datacenters, Schiphol Rijk. Digital security precautions include 4k encryption, SSL-certification, and enforcing difficult passwords.
Physical security precautions taken include armed guards, security checks for visitors, and applying for visits min. 24hr in advance.
Guild of Guides Netherlands will keep your personal identification information for as long as you remain subscribed to the newsletter. When you unsubscribe, your data is scrubbed from the Client Management System (CMS). Mailchimp also immediately deletes your information from our list there.
We will keep any information you entered in the contact form for 2 years. Once this time period has passed, we will delete your data from the Contact Form tab in our Client Management System, which we do every three months for the data that has passed the 2 year mark.
We will keep your personal identification information and profile information for no more than 5 years after your membership ends. Once this time period has passed, we will delete your data from the Member tab in our Client Management System, which we do every three months for the data that has passed the 5 year mark.
Your contributions to the member forum will remain there for as long as the forum exists. Your contributions can be anonymised at any point at your request.
Guild of Guides Netherlands would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
- None. We do not sell anything through our newsletter, nor do we give or sell your information to other companies or organisations.
6. What are your data protection rights?
Guild of Guides Netherlands would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Guild of Guides Netherlands for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Guild of Guides Netherlands correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Guild of Guides Netherlands to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Guild of Guides Netherlands erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Guild of Guides Netherlands restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Guild of Guides Netherland’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Guild of Guides Netherlands transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in (members)
- Understanding how you use our website
9. What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Guild of Guides Netherlands uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. Mostly first-party and some third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – None
- Readability – Google Webfonts uses your IP-adres anonymously, but it is logged and used in their analytics
- Members – Site member software tracks activity to be able to put your name to your contributions
- Analytics – We will retain and evaluate information on your recent visits to our website and how you move around different sections of our website for analytics purposes to understand how people use our website so that we can make it more intuitive.
10. How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
11. Privacy policies of other websites
13. How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
14. How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Guild of Guides Netherlands has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (Dutch: Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).