Please fill out this form and become part of the Guild
"*" indicates required fields
Code of Conduct
- Mental and physical health screening for each participant, with additional screening available when required.
- Honest and transparent provision of information about potential benefits and risks of the service/ experience.
- Clear communication about participant responsibility and the extent of the support offered by the practitioner(s); appropriate preparatory and integrative advice are provided.
- Facilitator is in physical proximity to the participant for the duration of their experience.
- Participant is invited to participate in all parts of the service provided, but is free to decline. However, participant does not leave the space without consulting with the/a practitioner.
- Privacy and confidentiality of the participant are ensured.
- Any use of touch during the time the participant is in the care of the practitioner(s) is consent-based and non-sexual.
- No intimate and/or sexual relationships will be formed between practitioners and participants for at least 6 months after last professional contact.
- No proselytizing or pushing personal worldview by practitioner.
- Testimonials are used only with full informed consent by participant, and only after a waiting period of at least two weeks.
- Practitioners do not sell additional services or ask for donations or payments during or directly after a retreat/session.
- Participant has access to a complaints procedure and a confidential counselor.
- Has substantial personal experience with the substance.
- Knows their limitations as a guide; takes general and personal contraindications seriously and communicates clearly about these.
- Practices proper self-care in order to be available for participant(s).
- Engages in conscious advertisement (if at all); no proselytizing or making unsubstantiated claims.
- Understands and adheres to the law with regards to their work.
- Has a basic awareness of transference and countertransference and actively counteracts these (see e.g. #7).
- Ensures sufficient guide-to-group ratio and is transparent on staffing.
- Continues their own learning and self-development.
- Aspires towards inclusion of race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. in their practice.
- Practitioner submits to regular assessment of adherence to this Code and to decisions by the Guild of Guides regarding complaints.